8.00am-8.00pm, 24 hour fuel available.
John G Shearer and Sons is a family business that was founded in 1921 by John G Shearer operating from West Castle Street, Kirkwall. In the late 1930’s part of the current site in Burnmouth Road was purchased and was used as a repair garage for cars & motorcycles.
The early 1960’s saw the premises on Burnmouth Road increase with the purchase of the adjoining business. Shearer’s continued selling motorcycles, procuring the Honda Motorcycle franchise in 1964. An original 1975 Honda CB250G5 which was originally sold by Shearers can be seen on display in the Kirkwall showroom today.
More recently in 2008 the start of a major redevelopment of the business began with the building of a large petrol forecourt with 8 double hose pumps that use the very latest technology, including a Pay at the Pump capability using most credit and debit cards, and allowing fuel to be drawn 24 hours a day / 365 days a year in Orkney.
2014 sees completion of phase two of the redevelopment with the rebuild of the current workshop, a new forecourt shop and an expansion into other retail sectors.
John G Shearer & Sons continue to offer Orkney : Car Hire , Car Sales and Service Station facilities in Kirkwall.