Situated in the center of Kirkwall directly opposite the St Magnus Cathedral it is within walking distance of a number of prestigious hotels for those out of county, or island guests.
The main Town Hall room with its large stained glass window and ornate moldings and decoration is ideal for special events. It can accommodate up to 110 for dinner or 150 for buffets. The nearby Supper Room can be used as an integral part of your event package or as a stand-alone room for smaller events. With stunning views of the St Magnus Cathedral the Supper Room is licensed for civil wedding ceremonies. As well as the Town Hall and Supper Room we have three smaller meeting rooms on the ground floor all of which can be configured for a variety of uses such as training courses, presentations parties, exhibitions and so on.
Our experienced catering team can provide refreshments tailored to your exact requirements. From simple coffee & biscuits to a full 3-4 course meal, via a plate of sandwiches and cold cuts buffets.
Our facilities for conference, meetings and special events include:
- Town Hall - popular venue for weddings and larger events and can comfortably seat 120 for catered functions. The impressive setting includes original stained glass window, traditional and tasteful decor
- Supper Room (8.9m x 6.0m) - Overlooking St Magnus Cathedral, this room comfortably accommodates 40 people when set in a theatre style or 25 people when set in a boardroom style
- Room 1 (5.7m x 4.1m) - Comfortably accommodating 20 people when set in a theatre style or 10 people when set in a boardroom style.
- Room 2 (8.9m x 6.0m) - Comfortably accommodating 40 people when set in a theatre style or 25 people when set in boardroom style.
- Room 3 (7.7m x 6.0m) - Comfortably accommodating 40 people when set in a theatre style or 25 people when set in boardroom style.
- Games Hall (9.8m x 14.0m) - Ideal for recreational level sports, it is suitable for junior 5 a side, badminton, table tennis, basketball, children's parties and offers great value and fun!
St Magnus Cafe:
Situated across from St Magnus Cathedral, the St Magnus Cafe is a light and spacious cafe housed within Kirkwall's Town Hall. The menu includes fair-trade coffees (espresso, cappuccino and latte), Rainforest Alliance teas, homemade quiche, cakes and tray bakes and freshly made toasted sandwiches, filled hot wraps, rolls and sandwiches, soups and Panini’s. Facilities include baby changing and toilets, disabled access and highchairs. A take Away service is available.